Saturday, February 28, 2009

From Happy Hour to Healthy Hour!


Tonight I am drinking my favorite beverage in the whole world -- Love Juice! I discovered this delicious concoction at a juice bar I used to frequent - Namasté Café Juice Bar in New Brunswick, NJ - and have been hooked ever since. Because I love it so much, I want you to share in the pleasure. Treat yourself to a happy hour that never was happier.



Equipment needed: An electric juicer of some kind. I am using a Jack Lalanne juicer; however, if you are in the market for a juicer, read a product review on the amazing Breville juicers here.

Ingredients:

  • 1 small beet
  • 2 apples
  • 4 carrots
  • 1 lemon
  • 1" fresh ginger
  • Love!

Instructions:

Juice all the ingredients in any order and make quantity adjustments to match your preference. Some people like a lot of ginger while some people find it to be too spicy. I recommend starting with a conservative quantity and giving it a taste before you are done juicing. The ginger is a key ingredient, however, so don't leave it out!

Yesterday, I took a mid-day break from work for a wheat grass shot pick-me-up. I went to The Energy Bar in downtown Portland and ended up ordering a full juice instead. It tasted very much like Love Juice except it was green. The ingredients were:

  • 2 oz. wheat grass juice
  • Apples
  • Lemon
  • Ginger

Now you have a starting point to develop your own happy hour beverage!

Cheers!

No comments: