Sunday, January 27, 2013

Immunity Arsenal

An especially brutal cold/flu virus has afflicted a great many friends and coworkers in recent weeks. Some of these people haven’t been sick in years yet were totally wiped out by this bug. 
BUT.... I seem to have skipped right through the raindrops in perfect health when historically, I tend to catch every ailment that crosses my path.
So what can be attributed to my stalwart resilience against this particularly nasty epidemic???
Hmmm...
One thing to which I can give credit is Oil of Oregano.

Oregano is antiviral, antibacterial, and an immune stimulant. I took one capsule in the morning and one at night. This stuff is potent.

Whilst searching the corners of the earth for remedies to heal my ailing coworkers and friends, I happened upon this little gem:

It reminded me of the Stanley Burroughs lemon drink my dad dubbed “Lemon Cure.”
I made this “Flu Shot” drink for myself to try it out.
And then I made a second, modified version. This is what I did:
  • 6 Lemons, juiced
  • 3 Tbsp. honey
  • 2 tsp fresh ginger
  • 1 garlic clove, pressed
  • 1/4 tsp Cayenne
  • 3 C. Warm water



And a bonus remedy for your plague-fighting bag of tricks:

  • Fresh grapefruit juice blended with garlic


Blend ‘er up and drink it down if you feel something chipping away at your immunity. This one, I believe, comes from a mountaineer. He swears by it, so give it a go and report back.

In the meantime, stay tuned to hear what else I’ve been up to in the last year such that the Lemon Letter has fallen dismally to the way side... you know, besides holding down a full-time job, staying fit, reading books, & constantly exploring the definition of healthy, whole food.

Oh, and a girl needs a little down-time too, ya know....

No comments: