Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Almond Moo" Smoothie

It's after 3 PM, and I'm hungry. But I don't want to spoil my appetite for dinner. So what do I do?

I'm thinking, Almond Moo :)

My friend, Lynn, made this smoothie for me a couple weeks ago. I had to have two glasses full. The next day, I made my own.

This is her recipe:

  1. 1/2 C plain or vanilla soy milk
  2. 1/2 C chocolate soy milk
  3. 1 frozen banana (this makes it thick!)
  4. 1-2 tsp almond butter (freshly ground, no additives)
  5. Blend!

For mine, I substituted Hazelnut milk for soy milk.

But I also add other things like carob (I am on a total carob kick lately), coconut oil, cinnamon, etc. Whatever strikes my fancy. I also like to add a tsp of chia seeds and take it to-go. By the time I drink it, the chia has had time to soak and gel. I love those little gel-ly chia seeds. It reminds me of bubble tea. Add chia to your favorite beverage and see what happens!

PS. you can also make this into Peanut Butter Moo by sub-ing in peanut butter.

Yumm-moo





No comments: