Thursday, November 6, 2008

Green Salad Smoothie


Drink your salad for the day! Are you having trouble getting down your daily greens? I know that sometimes I do. That is why I assure myself of getting my greens by including them in a daily smoothie. They are so much easier to eat, and this way I eat a much wider variety than if I had to chew them mouthful by mouthful.

Here is the basic, green smoothie formula to get you started (--for those who need a formula. Creativity is highly encouraged, however):



  • 1 cup of liquid: almond or nut milk or filtered water
  • 1 big handful of greens (Kale, Spinach, Collard Greens, Grape Leaves, Carrot tops, Beet tops, Cilantro, Parsley, and more!)
  • Banana (to make it creamy)
  • Lime juice or 1 peeled lime (or other citrus for zest!)
  • 1 C. Frozen Fruit (pineapple, mango, strawberries, etc. to make it cool)
  • 1 Tbsp. Omega oil such as Barlene's flax oil for those essential fatty acids

Blend!

I like to add a couple tablespoons of superfood powder for good measure. (Recommended superfoods: Dr. Schultze's Superfood, Boku, Revitaphi, Vitamineral Green, Gary Null's Green Stuff)

Here's another green smoothie that I have made for breakfast.

  • 1 cup of almond milk
  • 1 big handful of Kale & Spinach
  • Avocado
  • 4 Dates
  • Frozen mango & strawberry
  • Juice of 1 Lime
  • Small chunk of ginger root (optional, but good)
  • Superfood

Blend!

For a sweeter taste, add dates. You don't taste the greens at all. And start saving up for a Vita-Mix. It's a great investment in your health if you use it well (by making and drinking green smoothies, for instance!). I never want to live without it! If you purchase one through my website, you get free shipping!

You can use this link:
https://secure.vitamix.com/redirect.aspx?index.aspx?COUPON=06-003646

No comments: